Monday, February 20, 2012

Latest Lancome Gift with Purchase


I've got issues...clearly.  I have to admit I ordered this out of spite more than anything, which actually makes no sense when you hear the story.

I wandered in *made a beeline* to one of beauty bars inside Shoppers Drug Mart, a while back.  I was looking at the Lancome display because I had seen their gift with purchase promo online, and wondered if by chance Shoppers had the gift there to look at.

One of the sales ladies came over & when I asked her she gave me the condescending, 'oh no dear there is no gift with purchase promo on right now' answer, followed by the little dismissive laugh.  I told her well actually I was on the Lancome website the night before and had seen it, so maybe it was just at one of the department stores.  She gives me the 'dear I'm on that site aaaaallll the time and I think you're confused, you're thinking of the Christmas promo which is loooonnnnnggggg over'.  Back goes straight up, b*tch mode gets turned on.

Long story short I leave annoyed, get home, fire up the computer, find the promo on their website and place my order, smug with satisfaction.  Showed her didn't I?  See makes no sense.

Anyway, moving on.  I had to order $35 in order to get the gift, so I purchased this:

Bienfait Multi-Vital Moisturizer with SPF 30


I had read lots of very favourable reviews of this lotion so decided to try it and I love it.  It is a nice and light daily moisturizer that absorbs well into the skin & leaves no tacky residue.  It does have a bit of a scent, kind of like fresh cut grass or the smell when you cut the stems off fresh flowers.  Might sound bizarre but it is very nice and only very lightly scented, which doesn't linger at all.  I only need two very small pumps of this to cover my face and bonus, it has SPF 30 in it.

So what was in my well earned gift?

It came in this cute little bag, which is satin on the outside, with a black patent looking bow...love it.



So here is what was inside.  
Eclat Miracle complexion illuminator; 3X high resolution moisturizer; eyeshadow quad, Definicils mascara in black; Color Design metallic lipstick in Ooh La La. 

Is is just me or does the Definicils mascara stink?  I swear my last one smelled strange too.  I think it's supposed to be a rose scent but it's just too strong or something and I honestly can't stand it.  

The lipstick I'll give to a friend because I just won't use it, it does appear to be a beautiful colour though.  

I actually really like the quad shadows.  The last ones I got from Lancome did not have good colour payoff but these are much better and are very wearable.  

Love the 3x!!  This will be what I use for travel, love this moisturizer.  I haven't played with the Eclat illuminator enough to give you an honest opinion yet but it seems promising.  I'll keep you posted. 

Honestly, for the bag & 3X alone I would have been happy.  I've found a new daily moisturizer that I love, got a cute makeup bag, a travel size of my beloved 3x and proved that...woman...wrong at the drugstore.  Even if she doesn't know it.  

Please tell me I'm not the only one to make a spiteful purchase.  Oh and for you Canadian girls, they have another promo running right now...I'm only one snarky comment away from getting this one too.






14 comments:

  1. I love those deals and I hate stuck up makeup sales people!! She was obviously wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did yourself good! You should go back and tell her, I hate know-it-all, stuck-up sales people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha you are too funny. I hate when SAs pretend to know EVERYTHING. Bugs the crap out of me. I would have let her have it by pulling out my phone to show the know it all. I've done that before-:)
    Love the idea of that moisturizer-I like that it has SPF 30 especially. Sounds like a great one for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funnny. I talk about how one purchase for me can lead to multiple others :) Glad to see others have that as well. I am always in the market for a good moisturizer and just reviewed my new ones for the winter season.
    Mommysguiltypleasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ALWAYS buy gifts with purchases! You're not alone! But I've calmed myself down because I have soooo much makeup I want to use up before i buy more. (Willpower.) I love the eye shadow palette that came in the bag. Enjoy your "gifts"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eugenia - Me too, I don't even get why they do it..what would they be getting out of that?

    Isis04 - Wouldn't that be an amazing moment!

    Tracy - Why didn't I think of that?! I was so caught up in the moment that the obvious apparently didn't occur to me. Love the moisturizer, you should try it!

    Mrs. Blanton - I will have to take a look at the moisturizers you reviewed..can't get enough moisture lately!

    Marie - Yay I'm glad I'm not the only one. The shadows are lovely and the latest promo has some nice ones & a blush..not to tempt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww that bitch! I don't understand why some people HAVE to act like that? I mean, she's just a SA, probably paid minimum wage... =P

    I'm glad the eyeshadow quad is better this time, I was incredibly disappointed by the poor pigmentation the last (and only) time I got a Lancôme gift with purchase, as it was the only thing (with the mascara) I was excited for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stupid snotty SAs, ha! lol

    My last run-in was when I was looking for the Chanel spring collection after my trip from Asia. The SA at Holt Renfrew was like, "Honey, Asia gets different stuff." and I was like, "HONEY, I was just there and SAW IT. I already own April nail polish but you don't even know what that is. GO READ SOME BLOGS."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually only buy skincare products if there is a promotion going on... cuz whats the point of paying full retail with no gift when you can otherwise?! the sales clerk was awful though, ya I agree with you haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spite shopping!! I love it!! Your story is too funny! If it had been me I probably would have googled it and been like "hey lady...BAM...now give me my gift!" I would have gotten tude for sure!
    But your gift is lovely! And I'm glad you got it even though the sales lady really tried to stifle your shopping trip.

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gaby - That made me laugh out loud, you said it well!

    Liz - I love that you got to be the one upper. I missed my opportunity, so I'll enjoy your victory :)

    Pop - I agree, I'll go for gifts anytime I get the chance!

    Jayme - Spite shopping, I'm going to use that. I know, I can't believe I didn't think to pull it up on my phone. I was so thrown by her at-ti-TUDE. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when your fiery side shows up! Isn't is amazing how the simplest thing can give you a story? Love the bag though, I'd say it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Tracy,
    You won my Grand Prize Pamper Yourself Giveaway but you didn't give me your email address so I couldn't email you about it. Please email me your mailing address at xiongc16@gmail.com so I can send you your prize as soon as possible. Hope to hear from you soon.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think all of Lancome's mascaras stink. Any time I wear them, my eyes water!
    Lacquerloon - http://oflifeandlacquer.wordpress.com/

    I don't know why but I couldn't comment using my wordpress id. Weird!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...