Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our first recipe attempt - Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp!

We made the Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp from Skinnytaste for dinner tonight...here is what their dish looked liked, just as a reminder.


Half way thru the cooking process here is ours...


We did any chopping ahead of time so that we had everything ready to go.  There actually wasn't too much prep for this dish.  We had to chop a few green onions, garlic and cilantro..that was it.  I also made some brown & white rice mixture in the rice cooker and didn't start cooking until that was done.

This dish takes only about 7-10 minutes total to cook and really couldn't have been easier.  Want to see the finished product?


So I should have plated ours in a bowl just to give you the full effect, but I thought it came pretty close...and maybe it even looked a little better if I do say so myself.  So the verdict?

We loved this!  Super easy and so tasty.  We used frozen tail on shrimp, just make sure to rinse those under some cool water first to seperate them.   I also added a little water to thin out the coconut milk, which made it a little runnier than I would like.  I won't do that next time.

Mr. J's thoughts:   Really good, fresh, tasty, loved the cilantro, missing some heat & suggested adding a few chili flakes next time, also thought it would be good with shrimp & scallops

My thoughts: Really good, so easy to make, could easily substitute chicken for the shrimp if you wished, needed a little salt and the chili flakes would be a good addition

Overall: Big thumbs up, will definitely make again!  Click on the name of the dish for the recipe and let me know if you try it.

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! I can't wait to see how the other recipes turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this looks great. I was just going on tonight about how I need to cook at home more and stop eating at Chipotle and in-n-out (read lazy). I like a little spice so will toss on the chili flakes. Yum!!

    ps re: ribisi: i can't believe you saw him. there was a point in time i saw him so much i told the chef i bet we see him more than his wife does. until we walked into a parking lot one night and there they were, parked next to us, totally making out right outside the car. ewwwwwww

    xo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm Tracy this looks very yummy, except that I absolutely can't stand shrimps, they disgust me with their little legs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. After being away for 2 weeks I can safely say that I am sick and tired of fries with everything, cheese on everything and sandwiches!! Thank you so much for posting about this web site!! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lunch time now and suddenly I want some Thai. I WONDER WHY. ;D

    Seriously, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks SO good! It's almost lunchtime here and now I'm starving all thanks to you! :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...