On this site you can find reviews on beauty products, skin care advice, information about product ingredients and much more. Up until this past week, you had to pay a subscription fee in order to access the site. Not anymore! It is now free for everyone.
There is a huge amount of information on this site, so be prepared to be there a while if you check it out. Here is their website description;
Beautypedia is the definitive online source of reliable, in-depth researched information on cosmetic products. You’ll find thousands of candid, research-supported reviews from international best-selling beauty author Paula Begoun and her team. You’ll enjoy access to detailed, scientifically validated cosmetic critiques you won’t find anywhere else online! From major name brands to smaller boutique, home shopping, infomercial, and spa lines, it’s all here so you save money and find the best products for your skin.
- Thousands of skin care and makeup reviews from well-known and niche brands
- An easily searchable database and intuitive organization to quickly find what you're looking for
- Dozens of new product reviews added monthly, plus daily updates as needed
- Complete ingredient lists for every skin-care product in the database
- Documented research about ingredient efficacy (or lack thereof)
- A Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary of over 3,000 common and obscure ingredients
- Access to Paula’s latest articles about skin care and makeup
- A mobile version to use with your iPhone or Android smart phone device
Like anything, you'll find some things you agree with and some you don't. But overall it's another great resource you can use to help you decide how to spend your beauty dollars.
Have you ever used Beautypedia? What sites do you use for your product research?