Sunday, February 13, 2011

Comparison of the ELF Golden bronzer vs ELF Warm bronzer!

This will be a quick comparison of the ELF Golden bronzer & the ELF Warm bronzer.  

I have owned the Golden bronzer for months now & just bought the Warm bronzer at a local Winners.  Quick side note, it was $6.99CAD which is a large mark-up as you can purchase this online at eyeslipsface.com for $3USD, plus shipping.  But, I really like the Golden bronzer & wanted to try the other bronzers in the mineral line for a while now.  I don't have an ELF order pending, so I decided to buy it now.  

I primarily use the Golden bronzer, swirled all together, as more of a highlight.  There is some color to it but it is subtle.  I don't use it to contour or on my forehead, because it has quite a bit of shimmer in it.   You can use the colors individually, but because of the shimmer in them I typically don't do that, except to use the top right pinkish color as a cheek highlight on it's own.  

This is how they look along with the website descriptions of these products;

Golden Bronzer- An illuminating shimmer that is subtle and radiant. Ideal for summer or year-round. 



Warm Bronzer- The warm shimmer that will bring a glow to your face. Ideal for summer or year-round.

After reading the descriptions I wondered who (besides me) would even think they needed both, other than one is supposed to make you subtly shimmer & one gives you a shimmery glow.  Hmmm.  Now in my defence I will admit that I originally thought I had found the matte bronzer from ELF, but it turns out that is the 'Cool bronzer'.   

Here they are side by side, you can see the Golden actually looks like it has shimmer & it's more subtle in the Warm; 
Golden Bronzer                  Warm Bronzer
Colors from bottom to top of my hand: 1) Top left color from golden 2) Top left color from warm 3) Top right color from golden 4) Top right color from warm

Left shades from bottom right of bronzers: Bottom from Golden, Top from Warm
Right shades from bottom left of bronzers: Bottom from Golden, Top from Warm

I need help with labelling of these swatches so I hope that makes sense.  What sticks out to me is that the color payoff was stronger for each individual color from the Golden bronzer vs. the Warm.  That is surprising considering that the Warm bronzer actually looks a bit deeper in color in the pan.  

This is my attempt to get a swatch of all the colors swirled together; 


Can you see it?  No?  I know, it's barely visible but if you look near to the top side of my arm you can see a slight shimmer.  That is the Golden bronzer & the Warm bronzer was to the left of it.  Sad...I know, but I tried.  

Bottom line for me is that I don't think there is a need to own both of these bronzers, as they are incredibly similar. The only real differences come when you swatch them individually & primarily that was only for the bottom two colors.  The top colors swatch as pretty much identical.  I also can see a bit more shimmer from the Golden bronzer when swirled together, but it is barely noticeable.  Otherwise they are exactly the same to me.   

I do plan on getting the Cool bronzer eventually, and will be curious to see if there is much of a difference there.  What do you all think of these?  Do you own the any of the bronzers from ELF?



12 comments:

  1. Both look gorgeous! The only thing I have ever tried from ELF is their Mechanical Eyelash Curler and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaby - For the price you really should try one of them! I can't get that ELF eyelash curler to work for me, it pinches my eye every time :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review of these!!!!! I just picked up the "golden Bronzer" from Winners last week! I definitely use it as a highlighter and NOT a bronzer. There's too much shimmer for my liking to use it on my entire face/or as a contour. Honestly I'm just really glad that Winners carries ELF products because over-all I really like them. this golden bronzer is an alternative to my MAC MSF in soft and gentle (though not nearly as good a product...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikosmommy - I also like to buy ELF at Winners so they continue to carry the line. I just wish they would carry the brushes, but the selection is getting better. Zellers also has a few...very few...ELF products. Glad you like the Golden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the review :) The shade is so warm and pretty! Yay! I am your 100th follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainy Days - Yes you are!!! On Valentines Day eve...so exciting, thanks for following :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the golden bronzer and I do like it, but I only use it as a highlight as it is way too light and shimmery to use as a bronzer! It's so pretty though! It's actually the only ELF product that I have, and I found it at Winners. Thanks for sharing this!!

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andree - ELF makes some great stuff for such a reasonable price. I saw the HD powder at Winners too & I would recommend that highly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of Elf before but these bronzers look so amazing that I might just research where I can buy them from! Great post and GREAT BLOG!

    http://carpe-diem13-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting comparison! ;) I own all 3 bronzers from the studio line and my favorite is the warm bronzer :) I also have the bronzer from the mineral line and I've been loving it for contouring :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome review! I love the look of bronzer... I wear it almost everyday-currently using the Milani Baked Bronzer in 04 Glow and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emily - I haven't tried any Milani bronzer's, great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...