Monday, February 7, 2011

My next favourite thing - Bioderma!

Make- up artists use it, models use it, Lisa Eldridge and the Pixiwoo girls 
use it (youtube.com/pixiwoo), and now so do I!  What is it?

BIODERMA Sensibio H20!! 


I first heard about this after watching a Lisa Eldridge youtube video on makeup removal/skin care. 


Lisa Eldridge is from the UK and is a renowned make-up artist who's work is often seen on the covers of magazines.  If you haven't seen her on youtube you should check her out, she is fabulous with a capital Fab.  She mentioned that she has used this as her make-up remover for years, discovering it at local chemist boutique when she was a brand new make-up artist in Paris.  She talks about using this during modelling shoots when she has to apply multiple make-up looks to a particular model, as it's never harsh or irritating to their skin.  


If you watch any of Lisa's videos and see how beautiful her skin is, you will pay close attention to any nuggets of information that she offers!  


So of course I had to buy it.  


And I love it!  This is a very gentle soap free cleanser that should not irritate your skin and wont disrupt your skin's PH balance.  It actually feels like the most refreshing cool purified water on my face.  It doesn't even feel like there is anything more to it, until you see all the make-up that it removes!  Truly, at first I thought 'how can this work'? 


This cleanser is made using micellar solutions, which you can feel free to google but quite frankly I don't fully claim to understand.  Basically I believe it's a process whereby these types of cleansers remove everything that isn't water from your face.  


Now Vichy, La Roche-Posay, Marcelle, Lancome among others, also make cleansers using micellar solutions however I haven't tried those to know if they are comparable or not.  I did look at the ingredient list for the La Roche-Posay & Vichy cleansers and they are not the same as the Bioderma.  The fourth ingredient of the Bioderma is a cucumber extract, and I believe that is why the skin is left feeling so cool & refreshed.  Or at least in my spa loving mind, which associates only great things with cool cucumbers on my face. 


I use it on a larger cotton sized make-up remover pad, right after my eye make-up remover & before my Clarisonic & Kibio.  Some say that this can act as your make-up remover and cleanser, but I still use the Kibio as my cleanser and I do find that it removes some dirt & make-up that the Bioderma leaves behind.  




Now the bad news, this isn't cheap nor easily available in some places.   In Canada you can find it at Shoppers (and I believe London Drugs) for about $22CAD for a 250ml bottle, that may last me 6 weeks if I'm lucky.   If you're in the States you will likely have to buy this online, and it often sells out on Amazon.  If you're in Europe you're likely able to get this quite easily and for a relatively inexpensive price.  


If you can get your hands on it, I would highly suggest you try it.  You won't believe how amazing this feels on your skin!  


This is the information from Bioderma.com about this product:


 At the cutting edge of innovation, BIODERMA has pioneered micellar solutions. Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up.
The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH).

 Soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing.

 Sensibio H2O guarantees excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance (tested under ophthalmological supervision).





How to use:

 Sensibio H2O is an ultra-mild cleansing formula, use it with the utmost care.
Soak a cotton pad with Sensibio H2O and cleanse the face and eyes and/or remove any make-up.
Repeat the application until the cotton pad remains clean.

 Sensibio H2O needs no rinsing, but it is essential to dry your skin. Dry gently. Dab your face with a clean cotton towel.

 Sensibio H2O can be used daily, morning and evening.


18 comments:

  1. I am going to invest in this stuff! I might go broke with all your recommendations :)!!! Keep 'em coming!

    best,
    AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this! Sounds like a great product. Thanks for sharing : )

    Don't forget to enter my Tibi dress giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie - I've already been lurking around on your blog & checked it out..I'll definitely be entering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AmericanBridget - Hahaha..oh oh I hope not, I had a girlfriend tell me the same thing this past weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the best things! This one sounds interesting, worth a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be purchasing this the next time I am in my drugstore. I saw it on Lisa's video as well and it sounds awesome.
    If you haven't already have a chance to check it out, I have a makeup competition going on right now with 3 great prizes to be won:
    http://www.funnyfacebeauty.com/2011/02/funnyface-beautys-red-carpet-makeup.html
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alicia - Lisa is so inspiring, I love her videos & have learned so much from her. I will be checking out your competition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawna - thanks so much, I appreciate that...this is a winner for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have oily or dry skin? Thanks for checking out my blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm off to London in the fall and will add this to my list of things to check out at Boots (more exotic than going to Shopper's right?). I wonder if it's really cheaper there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. great review !!! new follower thanks for stopping by my blog your blog is so charming !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Candy - Thanks so much for the kind comments & visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathryn - I'm jeal..I mean happy for you. London, wow. I will start to jot down some great UK products as I see them, and help you with that shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lilqtpy85 -I have combination skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll look for it the next time I need a cleanser as I have sensitive skin. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathryn, unfortunately you will not find this in London or even anywhere in the UK, much less Boots. I live here and believe me I've been looking.

    It's not available in the UK at all, you can only get it online. Leguidesante seems to be the place to get it, but the shipping is so outrageous (£15! that goes up by £5 for every bottle you add) that it's totally not worth it unless you buy so much that you qualify for free shipping (by the way, the free shipping threshold is £70 and you can only see shipping prices once you make an account, no questions section for that).

    It will be easy to find in France though, it's widely available in French pharmacies. Not sure about the rest of Europe, but possibly Belgium.

    You can get La-Roche Posay and Vichy in Boots though, so you may want to try those (I'm certainly going for it).

    ReplyDelete
  17. In Singapore you can get this all over the place (I just bought some a couple of days ago). I use it a lot, but like you I do the Clarisonic afterwards (depending how tired I am) because it does leave some stuff behind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ribbons - So jealous that it's readily available there, likely less expensive than it is here too I'm guessing. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...