Friday, February 4, 2011

Lancome update!

As you might remember I was off to the Lancome counter last weekend.  I had to spend $34 to qualify for the gift with purchase, which had a few products I really wanted to try.  So what did I end up with?

I went with the Effacernes Waterproof concealer!  Exciting right?  I know it isn't some beautifully colored flashy product, but I am still happy with my choice.  I have only worn it twice now, so not long enough to give a full review, but I'll keep you posted.  Of course the concealer was $31, just shy of the required amount for the gift.  I told the salesgirl that I was on a strict budget so she suggested a sharpener for $5, to take me past the $34.  I was impressed by that, because typically the salespeople won't offer those kinds of suggestions & instead try and sell you another full price product.  


Here is what was in my gift bag
Shadow quad - tiny shadows, can you see the dime for comparison!; High resolution cream; Bi-facial eye makeup remover; Lipstick in Love it! - there is a darker one you can chose if you like; Genifique serum - tiny at .25 fl oz; Hypnose drama mascara; 
Eye Kohl in black ebony; plus the two bags

All in all, I think that you get a fair number & amount of products to try.  I'm hoping not to fall in love with the Genifique because it is quite an expensive line, even though the salesgirl told me I would.  We'll see.  This promo is on until Feb 14th at Sears while supplies last. 

I'll post an update down the road & let you know my thoughts.  


17 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what you think of the waterproof concealer...and pretty much everything in the gift with purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the waterproof concealer like? I've never heard of it before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that people at Lancome tend me be nicer than other counters. I have asked a couple of different times for a samples of the eye makeup remover and both times they have given me the same size bottle thats in your gift with purchase pack.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I will be sure to post an update on the concealer as soon as I've used it enough.

    Alicia - that is impressive, it definitely helps to motivate me to buy from them again when they are that helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that was a pretty goode gift! Excited to hear about this concealer, i'm on a never ending quest to find one that works for me... :)

    Jo xoxo

    My little blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a sucker for GWP, I especially like the Clinique ones (although I rarely buy Clinique now) Lancome I do like a few things too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica - yes me too, I think Clinique is this month & luckily my husband uses some of the men's line so I get the gift thru him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard that the eye make-up remover is one of the best out there. Have you used it???????

    ReplyDelete
  9. MrsT - I have used it all weekend, I'll have an update soon on my thoughts...just to tease it a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shadow palette is pretty, even though the shadows are small! Luckily, even small shadows last quite a while! :)



    www.beautyblogxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow thats a lot of stuff for a gift with purchase! definitely makes the purchase worthwhile!

    Beauty Bag 411

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barbie - True, I never seem to finish the bigger shadows so maybe I'll have a chance to do that with these :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liana - Really quite a good deal when you consider how much some of these products retail for in their full size!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to go to Lancome and get all the freebies :) I'm a sucker for GWP :p I use the Lancome concealer all the time! Really nice of the SA to work w/you so you can stick to your budget. I hate it when I have to spend nearly $60 just to get the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this post! If you get a chance to reply, can you let us know how the sharpener is? I have a Le Lipstique that I haven't been able to use past the first few times because I couldn't sharpen it. I want to think that Lancome's sharpener works on their items!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sharpener works just fine. The only Lancome item I have that requires sharpening is the eyeliner pencil, and it sharpened that as well as any other sharpener I own. I don't have any of the Lipstique so I can't comment on how it works on that, sorry :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...