Monday, February 28, 2011

February 2011 favourites!

These favourite posts are a work in progress for me.  So they may appear differently from month to month until I find a format that I like.  Anyway, here are the things I've been using more than others this month! 
FACE


Foundation: Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse with MAC MSF natural to set - still loving this combination, especially as my skin is a bit more dry with all this freezing cold weather

Concealer: Lancome Effacernes Concealer-got this with my Lancome gift with purchase, review pending

Eye primer: MAC's Painterly paint pot-love, this is a must have product


Highlight: Tarte Smooth Operator illuminating serum-been putting this on before my foundation, beautiful results


EYES, LIPS, CHEEKS


Eyes: Nars Ashes to Ashes; Benefit's Creaseless Shadow in Skinny Jeans - recent purchases I've been testing, reviews pending on both

Cheeks: Maybelline NY Expert Wear blush in Plushed Plum - not sure if this was being discontinued because I got this on a clearance sale last fall, gorgeous deep plum color that I use as both a blush and contour; Hoola by Benefit - I forgot how much I love this bronzer, I've been scraping the last bits of it from the bottom of the pan, I haven't been using this on my cheeks as much but a few sweeps across my forehead to just to warm up my face a bit

Lips: Revlon Soft Nude; Balmshell mini gloss in Shopaholic; Aquaphor - not a lot of color I know but Soft Nude looks great with a bit of Shopaholic over top and Aquaphor is just great at keeping my lips nice & soft


HAIR


Just a quick hair product suggestion.  I use whatever I can to keep my hair feeling moisturized in this dry, cold weather.  This is a great little leave in conditioner that smells amazing to boot.  Even better, you can usually find it for under $4 at the drugstore.

So what about you, what are your favourites this month?



18 comments:

  1. THese look great .. I've been wanting to try a nude lipstick for awhile now, as I actually don't own a single one! Maybe I"ll try that Revlon one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Linda!

    Kim - It's definitely a popular one, it's a just a very wearable peach nude :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the mabelline mouse foundation, and tried it for the first time today, not bad! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mac eye primer- a total must!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily - Isn't it great, one of the best!

    Taj - I actually didn't like it the first few times I tried it, but I've really warmed up to it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great faves! I love my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mouuse too. :)
    I was thinking about trying that Lancome concealer too-now I'll just wait to see what you say since we seem to like the same things lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great favs. MAC Paintpots are my absolute favorite eye primer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy - Haha...it's kinda eerie almost isn't it. I'll be reviewing it soon!

    Amber - Hey there, I would have guessed...you have good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still lovin' my Kibio Intense Moisturizing Oil and am benefiting from your recommendation on the Kibio line every day!
    I see you're up to 110 followers- wow! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heya, I'm a new follower to your blog. Thanks for sharing yr Feb faves. My faves would have to be Neutrogena sheer sunscreen spray.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zoe - Thanks so much, I'm so glad the Kibio is working for you, I still love it as well!

    Ling - Thanks so much for the follow, I am curious about that sunscreen spray, I've been using Kiehl's sunscreen lotion lately & do like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. MAC's painterly paint pot is indispensable, and I'm also loving Hoola and Revlon's soft nude lippie!

    I'll have to try the sleek and shine leave in conditioner...my hair is beyond dry lately (it's SO COLD here!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I want to try Benefit's Hoola, it's such a pretty color and I've heard rave reviews. I forgot to tell you I finally tried Maybelline's Dream Mousse concealer and I'M IN LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marie - I'm so glad you love the concealer..I hope you saw my post about it now being discontinued. Run & get some backups!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you choose some great products :) i'm lusting over MSF for a while now. i guess i'm the only one who haven't got it yet xD but i really don't know if the color Light will suit me (i'm really pale and i must order mac) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the garnier fructis leave-in-conditioner as well! The smell is sooo lovely and it really keeps my hair moisturized and frizz-free.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Miss Dre - I know it smells amazing doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...