Friday, February 18, 2011

Sephora Haul - I used my gift cards!

In an effort not to squirrel things away or hold on to them forever, I decided to use two Sephora gift cards I got for Christmas.  I have been making a list of items I wanted to try, excitedly deciding what I would buy.   Want to see what I bought?  


For so much money it's hard to believe it all fit in this little bag, you can't really tell from the picture but it's t t t tiny!

Well hello Skinny Jeans Creaseless Cream Shadow by Benefit.  I've been 
wanting you for so long!  Supposed to be great on it's own or as a base, can't
wait to try it.  $24CAD

Multiple award winner & highly rated reviews for this next one, Fresh 
Supernova & Firebird Mascaras.  $11.50CAD (these are the minis)

My first full sized Bare Minerals product.  I got the small size Mineral Veil illuminator in my 
Glitz & Glam kit, now I have the original Mineral Veil, an all over finishing & setting powder that is said to give you that air brushed finish. I actually wanted Well Rested but they were completely out & she said they haven't had any in stock in ages...! $24CAD

Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine, smells as yummy as they say..I couldn't help
but try it right away!  Has a slight pink tinge & is said to make your lips so soft.  Not a big fan of sticking my finger in things, but these kinds of products I save to use at home.  $13CAD

My first ever NARS eyeshadow, in the much talked about & highly
raved about color...Ashes to Ashes, said to be the perfect taupe colored shadow. They also gave me a NARS poreless primer sample, as a Beauty Insider. (Which is a free program that you have to join if you shop at Sephora) $26CAD

They were out of the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder, which I was intending 
to buy as a setting powder for my under eye concealer.  On the plus side the sales associate gave me a very generous sample to try!

Philosophy's Pure Grace rollerball "because nothing smells better than soap and 
water clean"...I couldn't agree more.  I love the Grace scents, perfect for those that like a more 
subtle, fresh scent. (You reading this Fairygirl?)  And the rollerball is so easy to 
carry in your purse.  $23CAD

All in all a great day, I felt so spoiled and thankful.  A great makeup shopping day is rare for me these days, because I'm on a strict budget and trying hard to stick to it.  All of this cost me just over $7....so even more exciting!  

A couple of things that were disappointing.  Sephora lately has been a bit lacking lately, is this just me?  I found they were out of a number of items, the samples were a bit messy and the sales staff were less than knowledgeable.  One salesgirl was getting me some makeup remover for all the samples on my hand, and got distracted by her reflection, stopping to fix her hair.  And not just a quick fix, but standing there staring at herself lost in space & totally forgetting about me.  Wow.  Also they no longer carry some lines that they used to like Cargo or Lorac, which is disappointing.  There were very few, if any, collection kits.  These are those kits that have a number of different products in them, usually in a sample size (like the Glitz & Glam).  I was looking forward to looking at these and there really weren't any there.  


On a happy note, I told the sales staff that I was not in love with the Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel, that I had bought in Florida. That review is a story for another day.  
I didn't think I could return it since it was bought in the States & I would be returning it in Canada...3 months later.  They told me that Sephora stands behind what they sell, and that if I didn't like it I could bring it back.  I have the receipt, so I can either exchange it or get my money back.  I already know what I'm going to get with the refund, but I'll post about once I do the exchange!  Needless to say though, this made me very happy.  


If you see anything you'd like a review on, please let me know!  I'm excited to try it all and give you my thoughts.  And I still have one more generous gift card, so while I have some ideas I'd love to hear all of your suggestions for future purchases.






17 comments:

  1. Great Haul and for so little money!!! Good job!

    I think that with Sephora it really depends on how good the people managing and working there are. The Sephora that is closest to me isn't too bad usually but it's a very popular one and it's often sold out of things.
    I was sad to see Cargo products go too. I stocked up on their HD pressed powder before it was gone forever! Which city are you in?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haul :) Please swatch and review Skinny Jeans whenever you get a chance ;) And yaaaay for Korres Lip Butter ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I wish I had a few gift cards!! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stavroula - Will do, I wore it today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Taj - have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! Don't you just love Sephora gift cards? ; ) I've heard so many good things about the Korres Lip Butter, I want to try it. I can't believe the sales woman stopped to check her hair! LOL. What the heck???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikosmommy - Calgary, and I have a better one I can go to...that I will head to next time for sure! I just can't believe Cargo is gone...I looked on their website & they say some Chatters (if you can believe) carry it now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie - I know, right? I almost couldn't believe my eyes. Yes love the gift cards...free stuff makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! That Korres lip butter there sounds delish! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Rizzie, it is quite nice I have to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to hear how the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder stacks up against the Bare Minerals Well Rested. I love Well Rested but I'm always looking for something that will change my world. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats Nars Ashes to Ashes is a great e/s shade.

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice haul! You'll have to post a review of Ashes to Ashes. I keep meaning to pick that one up but never do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy - I plan to post a review soon, I have a feeling you'll feel the same way I do about it )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pure Grace is my favorite! I spray it on me every time I go to Sephora, but have trouble buying perfumes for myself. One of these days I'll buy it though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sure love those Benefit eyeshadows. I really need to save up and get me one, every swatch i have seen it lovely!

    p.s Love your blog. It's nice seeing someone who loves inexpensive beauty products as much as i do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...