Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Good News - Great Shopping Site, Bad News - Discontinued Product!

Lets start with the good news first, at least for the Canadians out there.  I've been on the hunt for a place to buy Milani products.  I did find some of their line at the Superstore recently, but the selection was extremely limited. 






But I've now found an online site where you can buy Milani products, including the highly recommended Milani Liquif'eye eye liner!  The site is called Well.ca, the best part...free shipping in Canada!  Now I haven't ordered from here yet, but I do have a friend that orders from here regularly and recommends the site. 
Check it out & see what you think.  Oh & they also carry NYC, for those of you who can't find the blushable cream sticks or the bronzer in Sunny.  Exciting right?







Now for the bad news....I read that one of my favourite products is being dis-continued.  After a little research it appears that this is not just a rumor, but truth.  The product, Maybelline's dream mousse concealer!  
I know, right?  Here is an email that someone posted online after they wrote to the company for answers: 


January 27, 2011

Thank you for asking us about Dream Mousse Concealer. We are sorry to tell you that it was discontinued and that we do not have any available for you to purchase.
It was not easy for us to make the decision to discontinue Dream Mousse Concealer. This was a wonderful product that we know some of our consumers will miss. Unfortunately, demand was not high enough for us to continue manufacturing it. As consumers ourselves, we understand how disappointing it can be when a favorite product or shade is no longer offered.
We do not currently have a replacement product to suggest to you, but our creative teams are hard at work coming up with new and exciting products. Please continue to visit www.maybelline.com to learn about our latest offerings. We hope that you will find a product to take the place of Dream Mousse Concealer soon.
We appreciate your loyalty to Maybelline New York.



Needless to say I'm more than a little disappointed.  I went out and got a back-up today and would suggest you do the same if you love this product.  I'd buy more than one but I don't know if they would go bad before I could use them all...what do you all think?






19 comments:

  1. Oh man! This saddened my day! I need to go buy backups like TODAY! I love those things!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Distressing isn't it Shaylee - I found them at Zellers for I think $7 or 8 and they still had a good selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats such awesome news for this Canadian. I have really been wanting to try that Milani eyeliner. Thanks for the info.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alicia you're welcome..I hope you like it if you decide to get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh rats, I was really wanting to try this one out! Maybe I still can ... what shade do you use? THey only have four diff ones right> I'm thinking I'd be the second lightest, but not sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the 'heads-up'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so sad the concealer is discontinuing. It seems everyone loves them so much. I always hear great reviews about them.

    I also came by because I gave you an award on my blog. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim - I use the 0-1 light, I'm not sure if it's the lightest or not but I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam - Wow, thanks so much..so sweet of you !

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey there(: just found your blogg(: i love it! i love the layout and all that you offer on this blog like this post(: really informationall!

    maebell(:

    www.maebellx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maebell, thanks for stopping by my blog & the kind comments. I'll be sure to check yours out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I MUST check out this site! Thanks for the heads up!

    Too bad the dream mousse was discontinued : (

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww I love the dream matte mousse concealer :(. Ah well, this seems to happen a lot with products these days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Tracey, no worries about the Tiki, I actually never thought to use it aas a highliter so I'll try that out and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marie - Some pretty good deals, especially on Milani - which is so hard to find in Canada!

    Zara - Isn't it the truth, you fall in love with something & they yank it!

    Kim - I found that the more you buff it the more of a glow it gives you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why do they always do that?! Discontinue the products we seem to like the most...so frustrating!
    I found Milani products at the superstore in my area and they had a surprising large selection! I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nikosmommy - You are lucky, my Superstore had very few things & half of them had been opened...so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I ordered some NeoStrata stuff from Well.ca last week and was very happy with their service! The price was a bit less expensive than at Shoppers. I received everything within a week and they included a couple of $10 off cards for my next purchase. Order from here with confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kathryn - This made my day! I'm so happy to hear that the site lived up to expectations :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...